In a competitive environment, negotiation gets easily complex and chaotic. Getting equipped with the right skills and strategies to unwind the complexity is vital for success. Join us for this active learning session where you will learn:
- How to implement effective negotiation strategies.
- How to communicate your value and leverage yourself.
- How to keep your emotions out of the negotiating process.
In this session, attendees will engage in a mock job contract negotiation from both the candidate and employer point of view.
Coffee and refreshments will be served.
6:00 – 6:15 : Registration, pre-event mingling.
6:15 – 7:30 : Talk and active learning component.
7:30 – 8:00 : Post-event networking.
Brent Collingwood is the Director of Alumni and Corporate Relations for the MBA Program at the Alberta School of Business. Brent earned his Master of Education degree from the University of Alberta in 2013, focused on leadership and change in Post-secondary education, and is a Certified Facilitative Leader.
Brent has been with the Alberta School of Business for 17 years and has served as Director of Career Services; Senior Director of Executive Education and has been in his current role for five years. In this capacity Brent holds workshops on career preparation, personal branding, power networking, and professional etiquette.
Brent is a very active volunteer. He has served in several leadership capacities, most notably the founding Chair of the Rotary Leadership Institute for western Canada and is the Chair of the Board Directors for the River Valley Alliance.
- Public transit: The closest LRT station is the Health Sciences and Jubilee Station which is directly connected to Edmonton Health Academy (ECHA) building.
- Driving: The closest parking place is the Education car park which is located just north of the intersection of 87 Avenue and 114 street (1 block far from ECHA).